The full 7-step ImpactQuest model includes:
- Organizational interview and personal identification
- Training and teaching: global-cultural skills and self awareness
- Immersive, interactive service learning experience (local or global)
- Personal debrief and action plan
- Integration and connection
- Catalyst for change
- Social innovation in the local community, nationally or around the world
Participants engage in “equipping” sessions including:
- Discussion and coaching sessions
- Global / cross-cultural training and teaching modules
- Safety and technical skills (matched to their future service experience - such as construction, medical or education)
Participants experience a short-term service learning experience designed to meet one of the five basic human needs:
- Shelter (building homes)
These service experiences may take place locally, nationally or internationally. We have found that these trips are most effective when the participants are taken outside of their normal routines for at least one week.
During the service learning experience, participants use their newfound knowledge from the equipping and training sessions to meet personal objectives (including leadership) and to improve relationships centered on working with others. ImpactLives staff members actively facilitate and lead these trips to coach, teach and work with participants in these areas.
Near the end of the ImpactQuest experience, participants spend focused time preparing a personal application plan. This plan, along with coaching and teaching from ImpactLives staff members, helps the participants figure out how to use the insights gained to prepare them for “everyday” life back home.
ImpactQuest is a research-based, customized service learning experience designed to transform both the participants engaged in the program, as well as those receiving the service.